Looking to increase your sexual health?
Or maybe you want to increase your physical performance in the gym and experiencing faster muscle development.
By understanding how to increase your nitric oxide levels you can make this possible.
What is Nitric oxide Production?
Nitric oxide is a major vasodilator, as it keeps blood vessels open by relaxing the blood vessels (vasodilation). When you’re aroused, your brain sends messages to increase production of natural nitric oxide. When your blood vessels are relaxed as a result of nitric oxide products or natural nitric oxide production more blood can flow to muscles, including the soft tissue inside your penis
Besides improving erection quality increasing nitric oxide levels can have a great impact on your health. Here are some of the other major reasons to increase your nitric oxide levels.
- Increase endurance and strength – Due to increase blood circulation to the muscles this allows for an increased performance and greater muscle activation. High nitric oxide levels will give you more of a pump in the gym and can help you build muscle faster. This is why many pre workout supplements contain nitric oxide enhancers. Pre workout supplements can be harmful to your health so a more natural nitric oxide booster would be recommended such as 60% icariin (Horny goat weed).
- Improve brain function and memory- Fuzzy memory, forgetfulness, poor concentration, and even dementia may be caused in part due to the lack of oxygen to the brain. Nitric oxide allows the blood vessels to open, bringing in more oxygen to the brain while removing waste products. (Study)
- Assist the immune system in fighting bacteria and tumors – Nutrients are able to reach infections faster to more effectively fight infection and disease.
- Fight against heart disease – Nitric oxide relaxes and enlarges the blood vessels preventing blood clots that trigger strokes and heart attacks. It also regulates blood pressure and the accumulation of plaque in the blood vessels.
- Reduce inflammation- Inflammation has been implicated in heart disease, cancer, diabetes and many autoimmune disease. Luckily for us research has shown increased nitric oxide levels can decrease inflammation.
- Improve sleep quality – According to the Euroean Journal of Neuroscience, nitric oxide improves recovery sleep, if you were up too late the night before. Insomnia lowers nitric oxide levels. Low nitric oxide levels worsen insomnia. Which can turn into a vicious cycle. Poor sleep can also reduce your testosterone levels in healthy men dramatically. (Check out this post for ways to improve your sleep quality)
- Reduce blood pressure – By reducing stress on the heart as the blood vessels are expanded, nitric oxide has been shown to reduce blood pressure and offer support for those with high blood pressure.
As you can see there are many reasons why we should maintain healthy levels of nitric oxide. The good news is you can increase your nitric oxide levels naturally with a healthy lifestyle, eating certain foods or you can get some help with some herbal supplements.
Here are some posts that can aid you in increasing your nitric oxide production:
You cant go wrong when increasing your nitric oxide production. By doing so you will experience a large range of benefits from improving your sexual functioning, physical performance and creating an overall healthier cardio vascular system.