Herbs That Can Increase Your Nitric Oxide Levels
Looking for a natural way to boost your performance in the gym? Or maybe you want to improve your sexual performance and surprise your woman?
If so you need to learn a little about boosting your nitric oxide production.
Nitric oxide is a major vasodilator, as it keeps blood vessels open. When you’re aroused, your brain sends messages to increase production of natural nitric oxide. Natural nitric oxide relaxes blood vessels (vasodilation) and when your blood vessels are relaxed as a result of nitric oxide products or natural nitric oxide production more blood can flow to muscles and the soft tissue inside your penis.
By increasing your Nitric oxide levels you will:
- Regulate blood pressure by dilating arteries
- Reduce inflammation
- Improve sleep quality
- Increase your recognition of sense
- Increase endurance and strength (study, study)
- Assist in gastric motility
- Improve your erection quality (study, study)
There have been over 60,000 studies done on Nitric Oxide in the last 20 years. The Nobel Prize for Medicine was given to three scientists that discovered the signaling role of nitric oxide in 1998.
You can boost your nitric oxide by digesting certain nutrients, in fact there are some herbs that trigger Nitric Oxide Production and act as vasodilators. Here are 3 herbs that have been used to increase Nitric Oxide levels naturally.
Horny Goat Weed (Icariin)
Icarrin, is a flavonoid in horny goat weed, which has the ability to raise both nitric oxide and free testosterone levels simultaneously. Nitric oxide plays a key role in muscle growth and repair. This naturally occurring compound “Icarrin” increases blood flow to your muscles and tissues while also improving vasodilation.
Okay , what you will find with Icariin is that it is used in sexual performance supplements in good high strengths from around 20% to 60% Icariin extract, but the problem is that many brands mix the Horny goat weed extract with other substances that aren’t quite as effective as the horny goat weed itself.
Most people after trying a fair few amount of supplements that are a mix of substances will eventually go after the pure icariin Horny Goat Weed extract to get the job done properly.
Horny goat weed is definitely a supplement worth a try. As long as you buy the right product and know how it works. There are too many low-quality Horny goat weed products out there which don’t work due to having a low percentage of Icariin.
Korean Red Ginseng
Korean Red Ginseng is a plant that originates from China but is grown throughout Asia. The particular family of Ginseng that Korean Red Ginseng belongs to is called Panax Ginseng. Other names for this plant include “Asian Ginseng, Chinese Ginseng, Korean Ginseng” but they are essentially all the same species.
There are some differences in the varieties of this particular plant, however, due to the way they are cultivated and the way the plant is processed.
Importance of Ginsenosides
The active substance within Korean Red Ginseng is called a “Ginsenoside”. They are sometimes referred to as ‘panaxosides’ by Russian researchers. It is this active ingredient in ginseng that is responsible for the health benefits attributed to ginseng and its nitric oxide boosting capabilities.
Here are some of the positive effects connected with the consumption of Ginseng:
- Boosts stamina – the adaptogenic effects of ginseng improves your energy and stamina. This translates into better physical performance – whether in sports or the bedroom.
- Stimulates sex drive in males – ginseng has been used for impotency for many years due to its adaptogenic effect. Scientific studies have shown that ginseng can facilitate penile erection and improve sperm production.
- Relieves Mental Stress – the ginsenosides contained within the root of the ginseng plant can increase mental clarity and alertness, while attenuating mood swings. It can also be used for anti-depressant and anti-anxiety purposes.
- Stimulates Immune Response – The number of white cells and antibodies within your blood can be increased from the adaptogenic properties of ginseng. This increase will help fight common illnesses such as colds and flus
- Help Prevent Cancer – The anticancer properties of ginsenosides are believed to help with the prevention of cancer. It does this by inhibiting the cell cycle progression, in turn slowing down the growth of cancer cells.
- Relieves Fatigue – Since ginseng is an adaptogen it can help with fatigue and strengthen the nervous system. A British study performed on shift workers (nurses) showed that ginseng would improve their mood and reduced fatigues. They also showed better results on speed and coordination tests.
- Improves your cardiovascular health – by inhibiting your platelet aggregation and regulating your cholesterol levels, ginseng helps you improve your cardiovascular health.
Importance of Where It Is Grown
It is important to note that it is only the Asian Ginseng (Chinese and Korean) and American ginseng that contains the active ingredient of ginsenosides. Another type of ginseng is Siberian ginseng (Eleutherococcus senticosus) and it is often confused with the other two ginsengs. It is not a true ginseng however, it simply has similar medicinal properties to Korean ginseng. The active ingredient is also different in Siberian Ginseng – instead of ginsenosides it contains eleutherosides.
Traditional herbalists viewed Korean ginseng as having more “yang” energy (yin and yang are representative of opposing energy within the universe) and as a result, it was considered more potent and stimulating type of ginseng.
On the other hand, American ginseng was seen to have “yin’ energy and was used to relax individuals under high stress.
- Clinical efficacy of Korean red ginseng for erectile dysfunction.
- Study of the efficacy of Korean Red Ginseng in the treatment of erectile dysfunction
Also called turnera diffuse and many other names, this plant has stems which are used to treat a variety of conditions. Research done in Mexico City demonstrated that it improves nitric oxide levels in the blood and has other sexual health benefits (study).
Damiana is also known to:
Damiana contains essential oils, cyanogenic glycosides, thymol and trace amounts of phosphorus. Even though the exact chemical components responsible for aphrodisiacal properties of Damiana have not been isolated, studies have shown that consuming the plant works to slow down the digestive tract and instead rushes oxygen to genital areas. This helps men to achieve erection much more easily and maintain it for longer periods of time. It may difficult to find a high-quality Damiana dried herb supplier but you can also purchase Damiana in a liquid extract form.
Increasing Nitric oxide levels along with increasing testosterone levels should be on every mans priority list when it comes to health. These two factors alone can play a great role in improving your sexual performance, energy and confidence.
The good news is this can be done naturally.
If you want some easy delicious smoothie recipes that can increase your Nitric Oxide production check out my Ebook Libido Fuel.