Does Tongkat Ali work at increasing testosterone levels?
Tongkat Ali is known as one of natures most potent aphrodisiac and testosterone boosters
This herb was traditionally prescribed in Malaysia as an herbal treatment for impotence or sexual dysfunction and as a sexual enhancer. Tongkat ali seems not only to assist in maintaining erections but it also helps cure low sex drive.
You should try Tongkat Ali if
- Your erections are not as strong as they use to be
- You are suffering from sexual anxiety
- You want to decrease your stress hormone/cortisol levels
- You are looking for a natural supplement to increase your testosterone levels
Men see most of the Tongkat ali benefits with increased erectile function, testosterone levels and improved health. Studies have proven an increase testosterone levels in rats, stressed humans, and humans with low testosterone. Although there is a lack studies on its benefits on healthy men.
Modern research suggests it might have potential anti-estrogen and T-boosting effects. TA’s bio-activities include:
- Decreasing activity of sex hormone-binding globulin (SHBG), a notorious “T-killer,” which in turn releases “free” testosterone into the bloodstream.
- Stimulating DHEA, a steroid hormone that initiates the biosynthesis of testosterone from androstenedione (T precursor).
- Dramatic stress reducer, with one study observing significantly decreased cortisol exposure (stress hormone) in conjunction with increased T-levels (37%)
Who has the highest potency standardized Tongkat ali on the market?
One of the main reasons I think twice about buying herbal supplements is due to the fact there are not many high-quality products on the market. To many companies have taken advantage of these ancient herbal remedies and are trying to make a quick buck out of them.
Good news as an herbal enthusiast I tracked down and found one of the highest quality Tongkat Ali on the market.
First of all the most important thing when looking for a Tongkat Ali Supplier is that they have proof of the quality and ratio of their Extract. The highest quality Tongkat Ali will have 3% eurycomanone content which is the (highest concentration available in the market).
According to the studies, Tongkat Ali will most likely help men with low testosterone levels and who are stressed as it has been proven to decrease cortisol levels. As for men with healthy testosterone levels already I would try another supplement. If you already have healthy testosterone levels I would aim at trying herbal supplements that have a more beneficial effect on your nitric oxide levels such as “horny goat weed”.