Does Maca really work for increasing sex drive?
Lepidium Meyenii that is commonly known as Maca which has been recently gaining popularity, especially among males and supplement industries. Maca is associated with many health benefits especially for the sexual health of males.
It is known as one of Nature’s most potent energizer and libido booster for men and women.
Maca has been used for thousands of years, But to this day scientist still are not 100% sure how the herb works. But their research concludes that the herb has many health benefits, especially for men’s sexual health.
Maca was utilized by the old Peruvians as cash for exchange and assumed an essential part in their conventional nourishments with restorative uses for at least 3,000 years. Some of its uses have been for the treatment of menstrual issues, menopause, memory, weakness, stomach tumors, tuberculosis and the decrease of worry and in addition to lifting vitality levels. It has been recorded that Inca warriors ate extensive amounts of the root before going into the fight and their stamina and savagery and quality in the fight has been credited to this herb.
There are various utilizations for Maca root today and a few methods for quality production. The conventional strategies are to cook the new or crude root, by either bubbling and pounding to deliver a thick sweetish fluid or simmering it. Crude Maca has thick strands and goitrogen content, which tends to bring about gastric issues if eaten. It can be stored for fermentation and used to make a brew, beer or dried and blended with a porridge, grains or utilized as a part of flour generation and utilized for preparing. There is even a stop dried Maca juice accessible. Its leaves can likewise be cooked or placed crude into servings of mixed greens.
Advantages to men’s sexual well being
In a double-blind 2002 study, researchers gave 57 men either 1.5g maca, 3g maca, or placebo. The men received the supplements daily for 12 weeks. After 8 weeks, men in the two maca groups reported heightened sexual desire (study).
Another study looked at 20 depressed men on SSRIs – antidepressants that often decrease sex drive – and found that 3g of maca daily significantly increased self-reported libido, although 1.5g of maca did not (study).
Another study concluded that during Randomized clinical trials have shown that maca has favorable effects on energy and mood, may decrease anxiety and improve sexual desire. Maca has also been shown to improve sperm production, sperm motility, and semen volume. (Major Research Link)
Prostate well being – Maca may help lessen the growth of the prostate, a condition known as tumorous prostatic hyperplasia. It gives the idea that Maca reacts with androgen receptors in the prostate so that it will not let the hormone bind that will lead to the growth of the prostate.
Reduces cholesterol – Maca root contains a number of plant sterols such as sitosterol, campestrol, ergosterol, brassicasterol, and ergostadienol. Plant sterols are naturally-occurring molecules that closely resemble cholesterol, and can lower ‘bad’ LDL cholesterol levels.
Energy, vitality, and stamina – As an adaptogen and nutrient-rich herb Maca can help reduce stress and increases vitality by supporting the adrenal glands, improving immunity and helping support the cardiovascular system.
How does Maca work
The utilization of Maca by people extends back more than 2000 years and even more recently because of the proven scientific researchers. Both logical reviews and additionally legends approve that Maca works exceptionally well to advance a significant number of the advantages recorded previously.Research shows that it stimulates the hypothalamus and pituitary glands which in turn regulate the other glands in the body, and can bring balance to the adrenal, thyroid, pancreatic, ovarian and testicular glands.
In case you are new to Maca, here is the complete information of advantages that you will get from this natural herb.Nutritiously, Maca is rich in amino acids, phytonutrients, vitamin, minerals and unsaturated fats.
- Composition: 10.2% of protein, 59% of starches, 8.5% of fiber and 2.2% of lipids
- Essential Amino Acids: almost all including Aspartic Acid, Leucine, Serine, Histidine, Proline, Glycine, Threonine, Sarcosine, Alanine, Methionine, Tyrosine, Phenylalanine, HO-Proline, Valine, Glutamic acid, Isoleucine, Lysine,
- Free Fatty Acids: 20 have been found of which the most are linolenic, oleic, and palmatic acid
- Vitamins: A, B1, B2, B3, D, C
- Minerals: magnesium, sodium, copper, potassium, zinc, calcium
- Macamides and Macaenes: polyunsaturated acids and their amides
- Sterols: campesterol, beta-sitosterol, stigmasterol
- Alkaloids: Aromatic glucosinolates including p-methoxybenzyl glucosinolates and benzyl glucosinolate
- Isothiocyanates: p-methoxybenzyl isothiocyanate and benzyl isothiocyanate
- Glucosinolates: fructose, benzyl isothiocyanate, and glucose
- 4 Unique Alkaloids
Advantages of Maca
Apart from the sexual health some of the other benefits that you will get from Maca are
- Increased endurance and energy
- Increased stamina
- fatigue syndrome will be cured
- Improved sexual capacity and drive in both men and ladies
- fertility will be enhanced in humans
- Reduced dysfunctionality of hormones during menopause and andropause
- Balanced hormonal inconsistencies
- Reduced nervousness and stress
- faster healing of wounds because of the enhanced blood circulation
- Enhanced memory, learning, and mental capacity
- Improved and younger skin appearance
- Healthy teeth and bones
How to take Maca
To make things simple the vast majority want to take their full measurements of Maca before anything else. Others like to spread it out for the duration of the day. What’s more, a few people are used to taking it around 2 pm since that is when hormone levels are lower. One thing to remember is that Maca can provide you so much energy that you might have to deal with insomnia. This occurs for a few people and for others not. On the off chance that you are worried about this, it is suggested to not take Maca after around 2 pm.
Choosing your Maca
Since Maca is beneficial to sexual health you will find many people taking advantage of this to make a quick buck. So there are many knock-offs Maca Supplements or poor quality ones being promoted. If you cant purchase the actual herb the next best option is to get it in supplement form. When buying Maca in supplement form there a few things you need to look for.
- That it is Gelatinized at low temperature to preserve nutrients
- That is certified and from peru not China
- It is organic (will contain more nutritional value)
- Made from dar Maca roots (contains more nutritional value)
- The ratio is shown Concentrated 1:6 is the highest Concentrated ratio I have seen.
If the supplement is not certified and doesn’t show the ratio just simply stay away.
It has been prescribed that the vast majority begin with 1-3 teaspoons (2-8 pills) every day, according to your body requirements and the sort of Maca that you buy.
You might have come across many chemical-based drugs that promise to provide you with different health benefits. However, nothing can be compared with the advantages that you will get from the natural herb and there is a reason it has been used for thousands of years. One of the biggest benefits of Maca is that you will not have to face any severe side effects if you consume the recommended dosage. Even though there still is a big question mark on the science of the herb research shows it is effective and may help increase the sexual health of males.
To discover more about this amazing herb you can learn form the experts (website link).